People should do IV therapy as needed to restore energy, focus, and optimal nutrition. The best way to determine the frequency of IV therapy is for you to discuss your needs and potential benefits with a wellness provider who can offer you a complete health screening to monitor your progress.
The Danger of Vitamin Deficiency
Fruits and vegetables form the building blocks of a healthy diet, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) confirms. Fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables are a good choice for snacking and building healthy meals. Even dried fruits can help increase your intake of vitamins while providing a satisfying crunch and an alternative to sugary snacks. Vegetables can also make delicious snacks alone or in combination with low-fat dips.
What happens when someone does not get enough fruits and vegetables to supply their body with healthy nutrition? With only one out of every 10 adults getting the recommended daily intake of fruits and vegetables (as reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC]), vitamin deficiency is on the rise. The USDA recommends:
- A cup and a half to two cups of fruit per day
- Two to three cups of vegetables per day
Despite these recommendations, few Americans meet these healthy guidelines. When they are not met, they create a vitamin deficiency that can contribute to many chronic illnesses. Vitamin deficiency plays a role in heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers. It can also make maintaining a healthy body weight difficult.
Six Essential Vitamins and Minerals Every Healthy Body Needs
As essential as vitamins and minerals are for good nutrition and good health, the body does not naturally create these vital building blocks. Instead, people have to find ways to get them into the body, either by eating the recommended daily amounts, by taking over-the-counter pills, or by beneficial IV therapy.
According to the CDC, the vitamins and minerals that play a significant role in good health include:
- Iron, which promotes good motor skills and mental health. A lack of sufficient amounts of iron can lead to anemia.
- Vitamin A, which promotes healthy eye function and boosts immune systems. A lack of Vitamin A can cause conditions like blindness and diseases like measles.
- Vitamin D, which helps people have healthy bones and promotes good muscle and nerve control. A lack of Vitamin D can lead to a lowered immune system.
- Iodine, which promotes healthy physical growth and mental function. A lack of iodine can lead to low infant birth weights.
- Vitamin B9, which boosts healthy brain and spine growth. A lack of Vitamin B9 can lead to medical conditions like spina bifida.
- Zinc, which helps the body stave off diseases like pneumonia. Lack of zinc can lead to pneumonia and other respiratory infections.
These and other vitamins and minerals are essential to good health. Take steps to ensure you are getting the vitamin and mineral support your body needs.
For a free consultation, call (305) 682-1818
How IV Therapy Can Help Improve My Health
When most people think of IVs, they think of illnesses and hospital settings crowded with doctors and nurses. IV therapy, however, is an in-office procedure in which trained staff administer a custom blend of vitamins and nutrients to help boost the immune system through an IV drip.
IV therapy can:
- Be an effective way to replenish the body
- Limit the signs of aging and help increase your energy levels
- Boost stamina and aid in muscle recovery
You should not hesitate to speak to a wellness provider near you about:
- Fully assessing your current physical health
- Unique health and nutrition needs
- The right blend of vitamins and minerals
IV therapy can help you meet your custom health goals, look and feel better, and gain clearer mental health.
How Vitamin Deficiency Leads to Anemia
When a person fails to get the vitamins and nutrients their body needs to maintain optimal health, that vitamin deficiency can lead to a lack of healthy red blood cells in the body. Called anemia, this condition often results from a lack of iron and Vitamins B12 and C (according to Mayo Clinic). Complications of anemia can include nervous system disorders and bleeding under the skin.
Symptoms of vitamin deficient anemia include:
- Shortness of breath
- Unexplained weight loss
- Lack of mental clarity
You should seek help for vitamin deficiency as soon as you notice these troubling signs and symptoms.
HealthGAINS Can Provide Me With IV Therapy
If you are looking for ways to get the vitamins and minerals that foster good nutrition, HealthGAINS can help. People deserve to fuel their bodies with everything they need to keep them going. Prospective patients can find out more about IV vitamin therapy and how it might be able to help them. Call (305) 912-8828 to receive treatment at the HealthGAINS wellness practice.
Call or text (305) 682-1818 or complete a Free Consultation Form