Most patients who receive a Vampire Facelift®, sometimes also known as the vampire facial, experience a moderate level of discomfort, but numbing cream is applied to ease any mild pain that a patient feels. Even though a vampire facial may hurt somewhat, many patients who elect to have the Vampire Facelift® procedure do so because it is not facelift surgery, which has its own set of risks and related pain.
Weighing the Risks of Facelift Surgery
Like all surgeries, there is a level of risk that comes with going under the knife in order to get a facelift. While some of the risks associated with surgery are more serious than others, they should all be taken seriously.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, there are many risks associated with facelift surgery, also known as a rhytidectomy, including:
- Infection in the region affected by surgery
- Loss of skin if the wound created by surgery does not heal properly
- Hair loss at the point of the incision — hair may not come back
- Visible scars
- Perceptible discoloration of the skin affected by surgery
- Serious risks to a person’s health, including cardiovascular disruption and complications related to anesthesia
Those who elect to have facelift surgery must weigh these potential consequences versus the benefits. It is important to know that there are alternative forms of facial rejuvenation (such as the Vampire Facelift®) which do not pose the same level of risk as going under the knife.
For a free consultation, call (305) 682-1818
Weighing the Risks of Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation
Even though facial fillers — sometimes referred to as dermal fillers or facial rejuvenation injections — are considered less invasive than facelift surgery, they do present a number of risks, including:
- The risk of over-injection of filler, which can cause someone to take on an unnatural appearance
- Infections at the site of the injection, and possibly other parts of the face
- An uneven appearance
Some who administer dermal fillers may not be reputable and may inject substances that present risks of which a patient is unaware. The Vampire Facelift® offers many of the benefits of a surgical facelift without the high risks.
The Vampire Facelift® is a Low-Risk Option For Those Who Want a Facelift
The Vampire Facelift® is an option for those who want to eliminate wrinkles and increase the firmness of their skin for a more youthful appearance. Additional benefits of the Vampire Facelift® may include:
- Bringing back volume that skin has lost due to natural aging
- Producing the growth of new skin cells in areas where someone receives Vampire Facelift® injections
- Stimulating the production of new collagen in areas impacted by the Vampire Facelift® injections
- The production of new blood vessels that may improve the overall condition of the skin
- Improvements in the amount of elastin (a protein in skin that allows it to maintain its shape after being stretched)
- An overall effect that produces firmer, healthier-looking skin
The above effects are those that most who get a facelift hope to achieve, and they may be the outcome of the Vampire Facelift®.
The Vampire Facelift® Uses a Patient’s Own Blood to Improve Skin Health
The Vampire Facelift® is unique from other facial filler injections in that it uses a person’s own blood — and the growth factors within — to improve the health and appearance of the skin.
The essence of the Vampire Facelift® is platelet-rich plasma, which are protein-rich factors within a person’s blood that stimulate healing. The use of platelet-rich plasma to achieve various positive health outcomes is increasingly popular and is sometimes referred to as PRP therapy.
The Vampire Facelift® involves a trained professional withdrawing blood from a patient’s own body, then isolating the platelet-rich growth factors and combining the PRP with a dermal filler.
A patient will then have this combined substance injected back into their face in a manner aimed to produce an even, natural-looking restoration of youthful appearance, including the elimination of wrinkles and other signs of life’s natural and unnatural aging effects.
Patients Can Expect to Recover Quickly
Unlike some other treatments aimed at achieving a similar outcome, the Vampire Facelift® does not require a substantial recovery period. While a vampire facial may hurt a bit, a patient can expect to return to their daily routine in short order, with an improvement in their skin’s appearance to boot.
Click to contact our specialist today
Interested Parties Can Call HealthGAINS Today
In order to find out more about the Vampire Facelift®, you can visit a HealthGAINS wellness practice to learn more or call to set up your appointment.