There’s no scientific research pointing to a “miracle pill” that treats all forms of erectile dysfunction (ED).
According to the Mayo Clinic, some of the more commonly administered male enhancement drugs include:
- Sildenafil (VIAGRA®)
- Tadalafil (Adcirca, Cialis)
- Vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn)
- Avanafil (Stendra)
Male enhancement pills work by increasing blood flow to the penis. For many men, these medications offer a level of discretion and effectiveness that allows them to enjoy sexual activity. Yet, these drugs aren’t recommended for everyone. Men with heart problems, low blood pressure, or are taking nitrates may not be able to use these methods.
Male Enhancement Pills Aren’t for Everyone
If you’re asking what is the most effective male enhancement pill, The Journal of Addiction Medicine warns against the use of over-the-counter male enhancement pills since they aren’t regulated under any government agency. They can also contain harmful hidden active ingredients. If these drugs aren’t administered under the supervision of a medical professional, the side effects can increase one’s risk of heart attack or stroke. Even if a drug is marketed as “herbal,” it can still contain Sildenafil, which is the active ingredient found in VIAGRA®.
Conditions that may result in the contraindication of these types of drugs may include:
- High blood pressure
- Low blood pressure
- A history of heart attack, stroke, or irregular heartbeat
- Congestive heart failure
- Unstable angina
- The consumption of certain medications, including nitroglycerin or hydrochloride
Prolonged use of male enhancement pills can also create a psychological dependence that can greatly impact one’s sexual encounters. According to the Archives of Sexual Behavior, the recreational use of erectile dysfunction medications may not only increase the risk of health complications but can also result in addiction. During their study, researchers found that men who became addicted to male enhancement drugs were increasingly unable to maintain an erection on their own. Their addiction also put them at a higher risk of contracting a sexually transmitted disease, as continued reliance on these medications contributed to hypersexuality.
For a free consultation, call (305) 682-1818
Alternative Treatments for ED
Despite the risk surrounding male enhancement pills, many men are still asking, what is the most effective male enhancement pill? These medications are still popular treatment methods for men suffering from ED. However, there are other treatment options available for men who aren’t good candidates for these drugs.
Alternative therapies include:
- Surgery. These operations include plications, skin grafts, and the insertion of a penile prosthesis. These procedures come with the risk of infection and generally require extensive recovery periods.
- Mental health counseling. Sometimes, ED can be the result of depression, anxiety, or other psychiatric disorders. By speaking with a therapist, one may be able to get to the root of what is causing their sexual dissatisfaction and work on those elements.
- Diet and exercise. Diabetes, obesity, and a sedentary lifestyle are all contributing factors that can impact a man’s sexual health. By making even small changes to how a man lives his life, he may be able to see an improvement in his sexual function.
- Vacuum devices. More commonly known as a “penis pump,” this tool is designed to stretch the muscles of the organs and increase blood flow to the area. This must be done prior to sexual activity and may be needed to be done several times throughout.
A medical professional can determine which of these options best suits the needs of the individual.
GAINSWave® Therapy to Treat ED
There is a new treatment option that appeals to a wider variety of men asking what is the most effective male enhancement pill, one that doesn’t interfere with preexisting health conditions or medications. GAINSWave® therapy uses high-frequency, low-intensity soundwaves to effectively treat symptoms relating to ED. This painless procedure takes less than 20 minutes, with no drugs, no surgeries, and no anesthesia. These soundwaves can encourage the growth of new penile blood vessels, break down plaque, and promote tissue growth. Depending on the severity of one’s condition and other contributing factors, participants may see results anywhere from six to 12 sessions.
After receiving GAINSWave® therapy, some men have reported:
- Increased sexual stamina
- Intense orgasms
- Improved quality of romantic relationships
- Boost in confidence and self-esteem
- Elevated sexual desire and libido
- Improved sexual satisfaction
In many cases, ED isn’t a permanent condition. While male enhancement pills have long been hailed as the only treatment option available, that’s no longer the case. Men suffering from ED have a wide selection of treatments that can promote optimal sexual performance. GAINSWave® therapy is designed for the modern man. There’s no downtime, no adverse side effects, and creates long-lasting results.
To learn more about this procedure, contact HealthGAINS today at (305) 912-8828.