A study on aging-related erectile dysfunction in Translational Andrology and Urology found that once a man reaches 40 years old, he has a 40% chance of developing complications relating to erectile dysfunction (ED), and can expect a 10% increase for each decade thereafter. The reason for this elevated risk is due mostly to a decrease in blood flow to the penis.
As a man ages, the corporal smooth muscle cells in the penis begin to wear away, causing the organ to be unable to maintain as much blood flow as it used to. While the body may try to combat this condition by producing nitric oxide, sometimes it’s not enough, and a man can see a decrease in his sexual function.
For years, many men have turned to prescription medications to treat ED. However, these pills don’t work for everyone and can feature unwanted side effects. A HealthGAINS consultant can introduce revolutionary treatment options designed to promote sexual wellbeing.
Sexual Wellness for Older Men
According to Mayo Clinic’s senior sex tips for older men, this population may experience changes in their physical health that may alter how they experience sex. They may need increased sexual stimulation to have an erection and more time to reach orgasm than before. It’s not uncommon as men age to produce less semen and require longer periods of rest between sexual activity. This alone shouldn’t be cause for immediate concern.
ED happens when these complications become prolonged or chronic. Seeking medical intervention can help find effective treatments that can address these issues.
For a free consultation, call (305) 682-1818
There is No Age Limit to Sexual Activity
Sexual activity doesn’t have an expiration date. Men of all ages should be able to enjoy sexual activity if they are physically able.
In addition to age, some factors that can influence a man’s ability to have an erection include:
- Preexisting health conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, low blood pressure, and some forms of cancer
- Peyronie’s disease, a condition marked by severe curvature of the penis
- Psychological issues, such as depression or anxiety
- Excessive alcohol or drug use
A healthcare provider can identify what is causing a man’s impotence and recommend treatment options to best address this condition.
ED Has Many Treatment Options
When seeking treatment for ED, the best option will rest on one’s individual health condition and wellbeing.
Some of these methods may include:
- Medications. Male enhancement pills have long been used to address ED symptoms in men of all ages. While this has been a popular method since the early 1990s, not all men are viable candidates, as these drugs interact poorly with nitrate-based medications.
- Surgery. Plications, skin grafts, and penile prosthetics all have proven results in promoting a man’s ability to get an erection. However, these surgeries usually have an extensive recovery period. If proper aftercare isn’t provided, a patient can run the risk of getting an infection.
- Diet and exercise. Some cases of ED are caused by an unhealthy lifestyle that stems from diabetes, obesity, and overall inactivity. According to a study in the Central European Journal of Urology, there is a link between consuming a Mediterranean diet and erectile dysfunction. This type of diet consists of cereals, legumes, low-fat dairy products, and vegetables, which are all proven to treat ED symptoms.
This isn’t an extensive list of all the options that may be used to treat ED.
HealthGAINS Offers Customized Treatment Options
HealthGAINS understands that male enhancement pills, whether bought over the counter or administered via prescription, don’t work for everyone. Men who are interested in learning about what other treatment options they have for treating their ED-related symptoms should speak with a HealthGAINS consultant regarding their issues and expectations.
The Priapus Shot®, also known as the P-Shot®, is a treatment created using a formula from a patient’s own biological material. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is drawn from the patient’s blood and is then reinjected into the penis to promote tissue growth. While this may sound painful, it’s not, as a numbing cream is applied to all affected areas before the procedure begins. The P-Shot® increases penile blood flow, promoting a man’s ability to get an erection firm enough for penetrative sex.
After receiving the P-Shot®, HealthGAINS members have reported:
- An increase in the width and girth of their penis
- Reduced premature ejaculation
- Increased penile sensation
- Better orgasms
- Improved self-confidence and sexual relations
Because the P-Shot® is made from the patient’s own biological material, there are no adverse side effects. The procedure itself takes less than 30 minutes, so the working man can undergo treatment and quickly return to his hectic schedule.
This cutting-edge procedure uses high-frequency, low-intensity soundwaves to break down penile scar tissue and promote blood vessel growth. GAINSWave® therapy is designed with optimizing a man’s sexual performance by directly targeting problem areas to restore penile sensitivity.
After receiving this treatment, some patients have reported:
- Increased sexual stamina
- Stronger orgasms
- Heightened sexual ability
- Elevated sexual satisfaction
- Boosted confidence and self-esteem
Featuring no adverse side effects and taking less than half an hour to complete, men may be able to see results after receiving 6 to 12 sessions. This procedure uses no drugs and requires little downtime. Age doesn’t play a role in determining whether or not a man is a viable candidate for GAINSWave® treatment.
Click to contact our specialist today
Contact HealthGAINS Today
At HealthGAINS, we are focused on bettering men’s sexual potential through our state-of-the-art treatments. Today’s man has no time to be weighed down by issues relating to sexual dissatisfaction. By tailoring a custom-made treatment plan, there is no limit to what we may be able to accomplish when improving sexual satisfaction. Call us today at (305) 912-8828.