How often 60-year-olds make love depends on several factors. A little over half of the individuals, who are healthy enough for sex, say that they have intercourse at least two times per month while nearly a quarter have it at least once a week. These numbers equate to about 20 percent of 60-year-olds making love less than twice per month.
The unique health and wellness requirements of our mature populations play a significant role in the frequency of lovemaking. However, there are other lifestyle elements that may cause someone to shy away from this pleasurable activity for both men and women.
Men and Women Aged 60 and Older Lead Satisfying Sex Lives
A study of sexuality and health among older Americans published in The New England Journal of Americans is quite revealing when it comes to the methods, frequency, and satisfaction they experience when it comes to making love at 60 years old and beyond. There are health issues, preferences, and lifestyle factors that affect the sexual wellbeing of both men and women.
The study concludes the following:
- Individuals with very good health or better are more sexually active than those who are not.
- Older women are less likely to have a sexual partner than compared to men of the same age.
- 54% of sexually active people have sex at least two or three times a month.
- 23% of older people have sex at least once a week.
- 58% of sexually active people between 57 and 64 have oral sex.
- 35% of women at this age state that sexual intercourse is not important at all compared to 13% of men.
- 50% of older adults say that they have at least one bothersome, sexual issue.
- 37% of older men attribute that maintaining an erection is the biggest cause of their sexual problems.
- The male partner’s physical health is the biggest reason for not having sex.
- 38% of males and 22% of females never discuss their sexual health with their doctors.
As you can see, there is not a simple answer to the question of frequency of love-making among adults aged 60 and older. If you are not having as much sex as you want due to your health, you may be encouraged to learn that there are medical treatment options that can help you improve your satisfaction.
For a free consultation, call (305) 682-1818
Your Health and Lifestyle May Negatively Impact the Frequency of Intercourse
There are several causes that lead to people not having the sexual satisfaction that they want and need. According to the National Institute on Aging, from natural aging to underlying medical conditions, there are issues that cause changes to the body and the sex lives of older adults.
Some of these factors include:
- The natural aging of sex organs and hormones
- Health conditions related to blood pressure, pain, and obesity
- Certain medications that make achieving orgasm a challenge
- Lack of available, viable sexual partners
- Wide age gaps between sexual partners
Aging poses several concerns among active, youthful adults older than 60. However, celibacy does not have to be your final answer. You may increase the amount of sex you have by making a few lifestyle adjustments or speaking with a sexual wellness professional to address underlying health concerns.
Treatment Options Are Available for Men Who Have Less Sex Due to Impotence
If sexual dysfunction is causing you to have less sex than you want, the good news is that it is treatable. Start by visiting with your doctor to treat any underlying medical causes that can affect your libido, arousal, and ability to orgasm. Some health conditions, as described above, can play a significant role in your sexual health and frequency. Therefore it is important you address the medical causes first.
If it is determined that you can receive therapy related to erectile dysfunction, then you can take the next steps by looking into the following therapies:
- The Gains Enhancement®
- GAINSWave® therapy
- The P-Shot
- ED medication
- Gains Enhancement® tabs
You are not without treatment options when it comes to improving your sexual performance using therapies that combat erectile dysfunction-related health problems. It is essential to speak with a sexual health specialist that understands the unique health issues that men and women over age 60 experience.
Click to contact our specialist today
Discuss Your Options With HealthGAINS During a Free Consultation
You do not have to let aging keep you down when it comes to having the best sex of your life. There are several strategic approaches that you can take to ensure that your sexual health is in tip-top shape.
If you are ready to explore your alternatives, contact HealthGAINS for a free, confidential consultation by calling (305) 912-8828 today.