While signs of aging can adversely affect your appearance, you can use DHEA supplements to combat the effects of aging.
As you age, you will eventually start to notice frustrating signs of aging, which can include everything from wrinkles to menopause symptoms. While it’s impossible to completely stop a person from aging, there are numerous treatments and solutions that can be used to minimize the effects of aging and help restore your youthful appearance.
Among the more effective treatments is bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, which is designed to treat symptoms related to perimenopause, menopause, and postmenopause. One such hormone replacement therapy available to you is DHEA.
What Is DHEA?
DHEA stands for Dehydroepiandrosterone, which is a type of precursor hormone that can provide the body with a number of demonstrable health benefits. Because of their makeup, these precursor hormones are able to be converted directly into different hormones by your body. Typically, this type of therapy can be particularly potent for most patients when converted into such hormones as estradiol and estrogen, which is why it’s commonly used in concert with hormones as part of a comprehensive therapy. This hormone is mainly produced by the outermost layer of a person’s adrenal glands, which are located directly above the kidneys, but thanks to advances in modern medicine, is now available in a bio-identical form that is indistinguishable from the hormone naturally produced within the body.
For a free consultation, call (305) 682-1818
What Does DHEA Do?
In women, DHEA is a powerful agent of change, affecting everything from bone density to weight and even libido and sexual function. The production of this precursor hormone typically begins to increase after age 10 before reaching peak production when you’re in your 20’s. From that point on, the amount of DHEA available within the body begins to decrease at a steady rate, which is why DHEA supplements can be highly beneficial for most women. Along with treating health problems like depression and obesity, it’s believed that DHEA can effectively slow the aging process, increase energy, and strengthen the immune system.
How Long Does it Take for DHEA to Work?
The results you will see when taking DHEA can depend on many factors including use, dosage and the desired results. Typically, women can expect to experience some benefit within just a few weeks after beginning treatment, with the most noticeable benefits manifesting four to six months after starting therapy. As the body adjusts to these normalized levels of DHEA within the bloodstream, they become more available and easier for the cells within the body to use.
Click to contact our specialist today
How Are DHEA Imbalances Treated?
DHEA imbalances can be effectively treated with comprehensive hormone replacement therapy. This type of therapy typically contains different female hormones like estrogen and progesterone to supplement DHEA’s efficacy. During menopause, your body will stop producing estrogen, which leads to a hormonal imbalance leading to many uncomfortable and sometimes debilitating symptoms. That’s why the proper administration and careful monitoring by our medical team can provide patients with benefits that effectively combat these symptoms, offering fantastic relief to the user.
While it’s possible to take lower doses of estrogen in tablet or cream form, the more effective solution is to obtain systemic hormone therapy which generally is administered by injection and supplemented with DHEA, which is available in a variety of forms.
Complete a Free Consultation form now
What Are the Symptoms of DHEA Imbalance?
There is a range of signs and symptoms that indicate that a DHEA imbalance has occurred in the body. While your body will naturally produce this hormone in your adrenal glands before the DHEA turns into estrogen and progesterone, the levels of DHEA will lower with age and can cause numerous health problems.
The primary symptoms of low DHEA include:
- Depression – Low DHEA levels lead to a hormonal imbalance that can bring about depression, the symptoms of which include sleepiness, antipathy, and insomnia.
- Weight gain – As a person ages, it becomes more difficult to lose weight. When you’re affected by a hormonal balance, you may start to gain weight unexpectedly. Taking DHEA supplements via hormone replacement therapy can mitigate this issue and help you maintain your current weight.
- Dry skin – If you’ve ever had dry skin in the past, you might have noticed that it worsens your appearance. Low DHEA levels heighten the possibility that you develop a skin condition known as psoriasis, which means that optimal DHEA levels lead to healthier skin and a more youthful appearance.
- A low sex drive – Poor DHEA production could cause you to experience a decreased sex drive. Because of the adrenal deficiencies that occur in this situation, feelings of inadequacy are common.
- Low energy – The hormonal imbalance that occurs because of a reduction in DHEA levels can bring about adrenal fatigue, which means that you will have low energy. Increasing the levels of DHEA in your body will naturally provide a boost to your energy levels.
- Poor memory – DHEA supplements have been used to improve a person’s memory and slow the memory decline that’s caused by Alzheimer’s. Using hormone replacement therapy to bolster DHEA levels can keep memory loss and other age-related conditions at bay.
- Mood swings – If you find that your mood changes constantly and without reason, it’s possible that your DHEA levels are low. In fact, hormonal imbalance is the main cause of mood swings. Increasing DHEA hormones like estrogen may help to provide you with the ideal mood balance.
How Hormone Replacement Therapy Can Help DHEA Therapy More Effective
There are a variety of clinically proven benefits associated with the regular use of hormone replacement therapy when used in concert for many age-related maladies. Primarily, these HRT-DHEA offers patients help with:
- Normalizing hormone
- Deeper, more restful sleep
- A reduction in discomfort during sex and an improvement in libido
- Relieving night sweats and hot flashes, which are common symptoms of menopause
- Improving vaginal lubrication
- Reducing your risk of suffering from heart disease
- Preventing bone loss and injury as a result of osteoporosis
- Reducing your likelihood of developing dementia
DHEA supplements and hormone replacement therapy can be highly beneficial if you’re experiencing any signs of aging. While DHEA will improve symptoms of menopause, there are many additional health benefits that go far beyond the relief from menopausal symptoms.
With a comprehensive treatment plan, like the ones prescribed by our expert medical team, you aren’t just improving your health, you are improving your quality of life
Call or text (305) 682-1818 or complete a Free Consultation Form