What Is Low Libido in Men?
Low libido is a weakened sex drive, and it occurs when the body does not produce as much testosterone as it did in the past. When testosterone levels are lower, a man’s desire to pursue sex decreases, and he isn’t as responsive to sexual suggestions by his partner. As testosterone levels lower, they also reduce a man’s ability to obtain and maintain his erections, so testosterone is important for a man’s sex drive and sexual functioning.
For a free consultation, call (305) 682-1818
How Do Hormones Affect Libido?
Men diagnosed with hypogonadism were determined to have testosterone levels below 300 ng/dL. These men have lower levels of sexual desire, and they don’t engage in sexual activity as often as they did before their levels dropped.
When men are treated with testosterone replacement therapy, their sex drives increase. During the time that their testosterone levels were low, their sexual fantasies were also diminishing, but they discovered that their fantasies returned after they began hormone replacement therapy. They also returned to the level of sexual activity that they were in the habit of enjoying before they experienced issues.
What Are the Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance?
The symptoms of a hormonal imbalance can include the following:
- Low Libido. As was mentioned above, testosterone is the main reason that a man will have a healthy sex drive.
- Difficulties Obtaining and Maintaining an Erection. Testosterone is also needed to obtain an erection and maintain it throughout sexual activity.
- A Reduction in Semen. Men also need testosterone to produce semen.
When testosterone levels are low, a man notices changes in his body as well, including the following:
- Testosterone is responsible for forming the penis and the testicles, and if there isn’t as much as is needed, the testicles may be smaller.
- Testosterone is the reason that boys discover that more hair is growing on their bodies during puberty, but as those levels go down, this causes him to lose his hair.
- Testosterone is also the reason that boys notice that their muscle mass is increasing, but it decreases when testosterone levels start to go down.
- Because the balance between testosterone and estrogen is causing estrogen to be more prominent, men also begin to develop larger breasts in a condition called “gynecomastia.” They also begin to gain weight.
- Because men experience a loss of bone mass when there isn’t enough testosterone to strengthen bone, the bones begin to weaken.
Low testosterone levels also lower a man’s sense of well being and cause the following symptoms:
- Men feel extremely tired and as if they do not have any energy when their testosterone levels are low. Even if they believe that they had a full night’s rest, thecy still feel tired when they wake up in the morning.
- Low testosterone also causes men to experience mood swings. They may even become depressed or irritable.
The Journal of the American Medical Association stated that men with low levels of testosterone are at a higher risk of developing anemia. Testosterone may also be the reason that men experience memory loss as they grow older and their testosterone levels diminish.
Click to contact our specialist today
What Are the Treatments for Hormonal Imbalance?
Whenever a hormone imbalance is detected in Inman, there are a variety of medically supervised strategies that can be used to restore the body’s chemistry back to normal levels and help repair any damage that may have been incurred.
For some, minor interventions like testosterone gels, nasal injections, and cheek-and-mouth therapies can prove effective. Unfortunately, many of these interventions require frequent applications, have a relatively slow absorption rate, and have a propensity for side effects like irritation at the site of treatment.
At HealthGAINS, we’ve investigated all available delivery methods and have found no treatment as effective and efficient as intravenous administration. These injections place the hormones directly into the bloodstream where they are quickly absorbed by the body and put to use correcting the imbalance.
In some cases, it is also possible to obtain treatment in the form of a slow-release hormone pellet which is inserted just below the skin and the hormones discharged over a period of about three months.
Complete a Free Consultation form now
What Are the Benefits to Hormone Therapy for Low Libido?
Several studies have shown that testosterone therapy will improve a man’s libido. In one study, men diagnosed with hypogonadism experienced a significant increase in their testosterone levels after they applied a topical solution, and the men’s libido also increased.
In addition to that, subject participants received the testosterone supplement without complaining of any side effects. Many other studies have also shown that men obtain significant improvements when they are placed on testosterone therapy.
With millions of men now receiving medically supervised testosterone therapy, it has proven itself to be one of the most effective interventions men can obtain to stave off the effects of age-related hormonal declines.
It’s time to stop putting yourself second. With a variety of comprehensive wellness programs, you no longer need to settle for poor libido and performance. Call us today at 305-682-1818, and we will make an appointment for you with one of our physicians.
- Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity by Spencer A. Rathus, Jeffrey S. Nevid and Lois Fichner-Rathus.
Call or text (305) 682-1818 or complete a Free Consultation Form