A man may need testosterone therapy when he has testosterone deficiency that adversely affects his health, energy, and sex life. Quite a few men misinterpret their symptoms as inevitable aging, but in fact, certain impairments may be the result of low testosterone levels.
Testosterone Deficiency Can Cause Many Conditions
Many of the symptoms of aging and low testosterone levels are similar. If a man suspects that he is struggling with low hormone levels, he should consider speaking with a HealthGAINS wellness provider.
Some of the signs of testosterone deficiency (Low-T) include:
- When a man’s testosterone levels are abnormally low, he can lose muscle mass. When that happens, he can become weak. His body can take on a different shape and look less fit than before.
- Low-T can make a man’s bone density decrease. He can become frail and more prone to fractures. Falls and broken bones can cause older adults to become less active, both physically and socially.
- Low testosterone levels can also cause a man to put on extra body fat. The combination of decreased muscle mass and increased fat accumulation can lead to a “middle-aged” body appearance.
- Some men get tender, swollen breasts when their testosterone levels are very low. They can also experience hot flashes and flushing of the face and chest.
- With testosterone deficiency can come a decreased sex drive. Testosterone is instrumental in regulating a man’s interest in sexual activity.
- Men with testosterone deficiency often experience erectile dysfunction (ED). Low-T ED can take two forms. A man might not be able to achieve as many spontaneous erections. Additionally, he might have difficulty sustaining erections long enough to reach orgasm or engage in satisfying sexual intercourse. Many men experience both forms of ED when their testosterone levels are low.
- Sleep disorders are common among men with testosterone deficiency. This issue can exacerbate a man’s feeling of exhaustion.
- It can be challenging to maintain focus and concentration when testosterone levels are very low. Men with careers that demand high intellectual functioning might find it hard to perform and be competitive at work.
- A man might experience lower self-confidence when he has Low-T. Struggling to succeed at work and perform in the bedroom can worsen self-esteem issues.
- Depression is not uncommon among men with testosterone deficiency. The many ways that low testosterone levels can impact a man’s health and lifestyle can make his depression worse.
When a man has testosterone deficiency, testosterone therapy under the supervision of a HealthGAINS wellness provider can improve his Low-T symptoms and quality of life.
The Benefits of Testosterone Therapy for Men with Testosterone Deficiency
Testosterone therapy can reverse the symptoms of testosterone deficiency, also called hypogonadism. If a man’s symptoms are a result of another factor, however, testosterone therapy is less likely to help.
Here are some conditions that can cause symptoms similar to testosterone deficiency:
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Thyroid disorders
- The side effects of prescription drugs and supplements
It is essential to have a thorough medical evaluation to discover the cause of one’s symptoms. Without a correct diagnosis, treatment may not work as well as it should.
Testosterone Therapy Can Regulate Many Parts of a Man’s Body
Testosterone therapy can restore a man’s testosterone levels to his normal range.
Testosterone controls the following functions:
- Sex drive (libido)
- The production of sperm
- Hair on the face and body
- The production of red blood cells
- Bone density
- The accumulation and location of body fat
- Strength, endurance, and muscle mass
Since testosterone controls these factors, a lack of sufficient testosterone can affect these things. When a man’s hormone levels increase with testosterone therapy, he can see improvements in his Low-T symptoms.
How to Learn More About Testosterone Therapy
HealthGAINS can answer men’s questions about when they need testosterone therapy. The medical professionals at HealthGAINS perform thorough evaluations before diagnosing a patient with testosterone deficiency. HealthGAINS uses injectable testosterone by prescription only.
Working with a HealthGAINS wellness provider protects a patient from any undesirable side effects. A man’s wellness provider can determine the cause of his Low-T symptoms and prescribe the correct dosage accordingly. If the man experiences any side effects or does not respond adequately to testosterone therapy, the physician can adjust treatment accordingly.
A HealthGAINS doctor can help men with symptoms of Low-T assess the risks and benefits of testosterone therapy. Most men are good candidates for this type of therapy. Within a matter of weeks, men who receive testosterone therapy have reported feeling more confident about their sexual performance and appearance.
A trained HealthGAINS medical advisor can answer questions about testosterone therapy. Call (305) 682-1818 today to get started.