- 1 What is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
- 2 What are the Benefits BHRT?
- 3 Who Can Benefit From Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)?
- 4 What Conditions Can BHRT Treat?
- 5 Bioidentical Hormone Therapy for Men
- 6 Bioidentical Hormone Therapy for Women
- 7 Are There Any Side Effects of Hormone Replacement Therapy?
- 8 Are There Different Types of Hormone Replacement Therapies?
- 9 Hormone Therapy Consultation in Houston
- 10 Hormone Replacement Therapy Testimonials
- 11 Find a Hormone Replacement Doctor in Houston
- 12 Hormone Therapy FAQs
- 13 Houston Hormone Clinic Locations
HealthGAINS is proud to be a nationwide leader in hormone replacement therapy. Our Houston area hormone replacement doctors are well-known experts in the diagnosing and treatment of hormone imbalances and declining hormone levels. We offer state-of-the-art HRT programs in Houston, at very attractive HRT prices. Our Houston based hormone therapy clinic offers BHRT for men and women including testosterone therapy and growth hormone therapy.
What is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
We know you have many questions regarding hormone therapy such as “what is HRT?” “What is hormone therapy?” and “What is the difference between HRT and BHRT?” Before we can answer such questions, you need to know a little more about what hormones are, and what they do. Hormones are kind of like the fuel most of your body’s processes run on. However, like any fuel, or resource, they are not available in unlimited supplies. In fact, the levels of many of your body’s most important hormones all decline the older you get. In a nutshell, the answer to “what is hormone therapy?” is, hormone theory simply is a way to restore your hormone levels back to what they were when you were younger. In that way, hormone therapy can make you look, feel, and perform more like you did in your youth. The key word in “Bioidentical hormones,” is “identical.” Bioidentical hormones are an exact chemical and physical match to the hormones naturally produced by your body. Unlike synthetic hormones that are made in labs the bioidentical hormones that are used in BHRT, are made from all natural sources by compounding pharmacies. Bioidentical hormone therapy is the safest and most effective way to treat patients who have low hormones or imbalanced hormones.
What are the Benefits BHRT?
There are many benefits of hormone replacement therapy. BHRT is designed to give you back what time and nature take away. Hormone replacement therapy can make you look younger, feel stronger, fight depression and help you lose weight. HRT can even give you a “bedroom boost,” and improve your sex life! BHRT is the safest and most effective form of HRT because Bioidentical hormones are exact replicas of those your own hormones. Synthetic hormones are largely responsible for any of the side effects of HRT you may have heard of. Bioidentical hormones have less side-effects because they are indistinguishable from the hormones your body makes.
Who Can Benefit From Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)?
If you are man or a woman over 35 and you are not feeling like you did in your 20s or 30s, if you lack the energy, the vitality, and maybe even the sex drive you used to have, there is a good chance you can benefit from hormone replacement therapy.
What Conditions Can BHRT Treat?
If you are between the ages of 35-55 and are feeling any of the following, you could be suffering from general hormonal imbalances, a specific hormone imbalance, or the overall decline of hormone levels.
- Unusual Tiredness
- Unusual weight gain, especially belly fat
- Bone loss and loss of lean muscle
- Disruption of your normal sleep patterns
- Night sweats (women)
- Hot flashes (women)
- Erectile Dysfunction (men)
- Loss of libido
- Cognitive difficulties
- Depression and/or anxiety
If you are experiencing any or all of the above, consider seeking help at one of our Houston hormone therapy centers. Our hormone specialists will provide you with the proper hormone test to evaluate your candidacy for HRT.
Bioidentical Hormone Therapy for Men
Hormone therapy for men usually concentrates on boosting your levels of testosterone and growth hormone. HRT for men is the only medical proven ways to treat the symptoms of low testosterone, also known as Low-T, that occur in most men as they get older. Believe it or not testosterone production begins even while you are in the womb! It increases through childhood, and peaks when you are in your 20s. After that you production of testosterone starts a steady decline. Once you are over 35 you can expect to lose about 2% -4% of your testosterone every year. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy for men is designed to replace what time and nature take away! The symptoms of Low-T can include: loss of energy, increased belly fat, decreased muscle tone, depression, and erectile dysfunction. HRT for men can reverse many, if not all of these problems!
Bioidentical Hormone Therapy for Women
Hormone replacement therapy for women was always more popular than hormone therapy for men. Women, and their doctors have a much longer history of understanding hormones, hormonal imbalances, and the impact of declining hormones that happen just before, during, and after menopause. Hormone replacement therapy is still the best way that we have of treating women for night sweats, hot flushes, mood swings, and the other incapacitating symptoms of menopause. BHRT is the safest and most effective way to deliver hormone therapy to women suffering from menopausal symptoms, or from other non-menopause related hormonal imbalances.
Are There Any Side Effects of Hormone Replacement Therapy?
One of the most common questions we hear, is “what are the side effects of hormone therapy?” Of course, we encourage you to be curious about potential bioidentical hormone therapy side effects. You should wonder about side-effects before taking any drug, or undergoing any medical treatment. However BHRT side effects are, on the average very low. The widely reported stories about hormone replacement therapy side effects are largely anecdotal and are not founded in true science, nor reflective of the most recent studies of HRT side-effects. In reality, as our hormone specialists prescribe HRT today, hormone therapy is very safe, and has very few side effects. The point is, while it is normal to be concerned about hormone therapy side effects, you should not avoid the many positive benefits of HRT over mostly unfounded fears about side effects. True, as in any procedure there is are some side effects to HRT treatments, however, the idea that HRT increases your risk of heart disease or cancer, is largely false. In fact, the most recent studies indicate that HRT can actually lower your risk of heart attacks and prevent some forms of cancer!
See how Human Growth Hormone Therapy changes this patient’s life:
Are There Different Types of Hormone Replacement Therapies?
Hormone replacement therapies come in many types, and can prescribed in a number of ways. The most common method of giving HRT is in patches, creams, HRT injections, or hormone replacement therapy pellets.
- Testosterone – HRT for men most commonly involves testosterone replacement therapy for the symptoms of Low-T. The symptoms of low testosterone that could indicate a need for hormone therapy for men include: Lack of energy, loss of vitality, cognitive difficulties, irritability, and sexual wellness issues.
- HGH – Anti-aging physicians have come to realize that most of the symptoms that we think of as growing old, have less to do with the turning of the pages of the calendar, as they do with declining levels or HGH or Growth hormone. Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy can “turn back the clock,” in more ways than one!
- Sermorelin – Sermorelin itself is not a hormone, but it is what we call a precursor to hormone production. As your Sermorelin levels drop, so does your production of critical hormones such as testosterone and growth hormone. Sermorelin therapy can safely increase your body’s production of these critical hormones.
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy – If you are gaining weight, losing your hair, feeling tired, are more susceptible to cold, and you think you are just getting old, think again, those are all signs of low thyroid hormone. Thyroid replacement therapy can help you to counteract various symptoms of aging.
- Ipamorelin Therapy – Like Sermorelin, Ipamorelin is not a hormone, but can stimulate your body to make more growth hormone.
Hormone Therapy Consultation in Houston
We cannot begin your hormone treatment without hormone testing. Your hormone therapy consultation starts with a hormone test. The only way our Houston area hormone specialists can determine if you need HRT is with a hormone test. We use the latest and most accurate hormone tests available. After receiving your lab work, your hormone doctor will be able to prescribe the hormone treatment or treatments that best suit your individual needs. Our hormone specialists treat you like an individual. Our Houston BHRT doctors have years of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of hormone imbalances and age-related hormone deficiencies with the latest and safest hormone therapy treatments.
Hormone Replacement Therapy Testimonials
“I am a guy on the plus side of 50. I was looking more and more like a pear every day. I still work out, but I just can’t get rid of this belly fat. There was this guy in my gym, who works out next to me, easily older than me, but he looks great, I asked him what was his secret and he told me about your hormone therapy clinic. I’ve been on testosterone for a few months now, and I am looking great and feeling sharp…” — Andrew M. – Sugarland-The Woodlands, Houston
“I am in my late 50s, I run my own company. I am not anywhere near ready to retire, but I just do not have the energy, or the drive I once had to keep my business moving in the right direction. I decided to try HRT – and man oh man, I feel like I am back at my very best. Since I started my testosterone program, last month we closed our best quarter in the last three years…” — Joe P. – River Oaks, Houston
“Hey, I wasn’t really getting any complaints or anything like that, but, I noticed I wasn’t doing as well ‘with the ladies’ as I used to. So, I went to my doctor, who referred me to you guys, and since I’ve been on my program things have never been better in that department…” — Barry S. – Tanglewood, Houston
Watch this testimonial to see how Hormone Therapy for Men helped this patient:
Find a Hormone Replacement Doctor in Houston
We have made finding a hormone specialist in in Houston much easier. We can help you to find a hormone doctor in Houston, or the bordering areas of: Texas City, Magnolia, Plano, Kingwood or Port Arthur.
Hormone Therapy FAQs
What is the difference between bioidentical and synthetic hormones?
Bioidentical hormones are the safest and most effective form of hormones you can get. Bioidentical hormones are carbon copies of the hormones your body produces. Unlike synthetic hormones that are made in large impersonal manufacturing labs, bioidentical hormones are custom made for you, to your hormone doctor’s exact specification by local compounding pharmacies.
Are Bioidentical Hormones Safe?
Bioidentical hormone therapy is extremely safe. Most of the side-effects you have heard associated with HRT, are related to the use of synthetic hormones and not bioidentical hormone.
How much does hormone replacement therapy cost in Houston?
The cost of hormone therapy will vary from one patient to another. As a rule of thumb the price of hormone therapy can run from $600 to about $1500 per month, based on your age, gender and medical condition.
How long until I see results using hormone therapy?
Hormone therapy has many benefits, but it can take time to realize them. You will probably start to feel stronger and have more energy within the first month or so of your hormone treatment. In may take a few months for longer term results to be achieved, but you can anticipate life changing results over the course of your hormone treatment program.
Can hormone therapy be used for weight loss?
Hormone Therapy should not be considered a replacement for diet and exercise to help you lose weight, nor should being overweight be the only reason you seek hormone therapy. However there a hormone imbalance can cause weight gain, and there is a link between HRT and weight loss. Improved energy, and an increased ability to burn fat and build lean muscle is one of the many benefits of BHRT, and therefore HRT can help you lose weight!
Serving the following neighborhoods in Houston:
Afton Oaks / River Oaks, Greater Uptown, Neartown / Montrose, Greenway / Upper Kirby, Binz, Clear Lake, Washington Avenue, MacGregor, Alief, Midtown, Greater Heights, Braeswood Place, Eldridge / West Oaks, Oak Forest / Garden Oaks, Meyerland, University Place, Greater Eastwood, Lazy Brook / Timbergrove, Spring Branch Central, Sharpstown
Houston Hormone Clinic Locations
We provide bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), testosterone therapy, and growth hormone therapy in the Houston area. We are also have hormone specialists in the neighboring areas of: Sugar Land, Conroe, Plano, Texas City, Kingwood, Northwest Houston, and Magnolia.
- 1200 Binz Suite 140 Houston, TX 77030
- 1213 Hermann Dr Ste 155 Houston, TX 77004
- 6410 Fannin St Ste 110 Houston, TX 77030
- 427 W 20th St Ste 504 Houston, TX 77008
- 7400 Fannin St Ste 145 Houston, TX 77054
- 7580 Fannin St Ste 320 Houston, TX 77054
- 1919 North Loop W 172 Houston, TX 77008
- 1900 N Loop West 180 Houston, TX 77018
- 5420 Dashwood Dr Ste 205 Houston, TX 77081
- 7007 North Fwy Ste 235 Houston, TX 77076
- 855 Frostwood Houston, TX 77024
- 8313 Southwest Fwy Ste 111 Houston, TX 77074
- 13111 I10 East Houston, TX 77015
- 7207 Gessner Dr Houston, TX 77040
- 3801 Vista Rd Ste 390 Pasadena, TX 77504
- 8633 Broadway 103 Pearland, TX 77584
- 5119 Fairmont Suite C Pasadena, TX 77505
- 10930 Resource Pkwy C Houston, TX 77089
- 18648 Mckay Blvd 215 Humble, TX 77338